Erin's self-sufficiency blog

Dedicated to sharing my efforts in radical homemaking, self-sufficiency, simplicity, and general craftiness on a very, very small budget.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Bean there

I have a very good Persian cookbook which helps me with most of my Persian cooking needs. One of my favorite treats is a shortbread cookie made of chickpea flour and flavoured with cardamom. Unfortunately, every time I try to make the little devils, they taste like raw bean. No amount of baking/overbaking seems to take care of this problem. So the take-home message from me is that some things are just better purchased than handmade. Yes, it hurts me to say that. And it also gives me a good reason to go lurking in my local Pars Mart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home