Erin's self-sufficiency blog

Dedicated to sharing my efforts in radical homemaking, self-sufficiency, simplicity, and general craftiness on a very, very small budget.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

New clothing



Since I don't buy clothing anymore, you may think that I never get new clothes. Not at all. I just have to work for them. I told you about the sweater I finished last week, and here is a photo. I've worn it out and gotten rave reviews. I am very, very happy with how it turned out and can't wait to make a new sweater (can't wait is a relative term: it took me nearly a year to knit this one). I have also sewn another skirt. The pattern book I used this time was sooooo much easier to use than the last one. I cut the pattern pieces and the fabric one day and I sewed it all together the next. It was pretty easy. I spent $0 on it as I used some fabric I picked up from the thrift store a few years ago. I think I spent about $2 on the fabric then. It's very cheery. Please excuse the outfit in this photo: I looked much better put together when I was out and wearing boots and a scarf.

In knitting news, I am working on a lace cowl now. It's really difficult but I am enjoying the challenge. I haven't made a lot of hats yet, mostly because I have tried to make toques (beanies) and they just don't work with my hair. So this is kind of a hat. I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

The ginger beer is fermenting away now. We heard one jar make a loud noise today. We hope it hasn't exploded. I'm afraid to look!

This week's food project is mustard. I'll let you know how it goes. We are also making popcorn strings for a christmas decoration. I'm enjoying our no-budget Christmas preparations so far. They've been so much fun.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home