Erin's self-sufficiency blog

Dedicated to sharing my efforts in radical homemaking, self-sufficiency, simplicity, and general craftiness on a very, very small budget.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Babythings for my babything

I have an announcement to those who haven't heard:  I'm pregnant!  We're super-excited and looking forward to this baby sooooo much.  I can't even express how happy we both are, and our families have been awesome and supportive.

To celebrate and prepare, I've been obsessed with knitting for the baby.  Since I started knitting for the baby two weeks ago, I've finished two projects.

The first one is a hat that is supposed to be reminiscent of an umbilical cord.  I got the pattern from the first Stitch 'n' Bitch book.  It's supposed to fit a newborn, but I hope to God my newborn's head isn't going to be big enough to fit it!



There's the hat in profile.  Here it is with a roll of tape to give size perspective:



And another shot on the head of the plush cat, Crookshanks:



I've also made a pair of booties from the second Stitch 'n' Bitch book (Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation).  They were very quick and I finished them in an evening.



Here they are with the tape:


They're so wee!  Here they are in Jason's hands:


That's what I've made so far.  Next I want to make a little owl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home